Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Morin sent to Rockford



It looks like the Jeremy Morin experiment has been put on hold temporarily, as the Hawks sent him to the Icehogs, Monday. This comes as a slight surprise, but not something I'd call a shocking development. All the shenanigans aside, he's a very talented kid with a bright future at West Madison St, but he is also very young, and can clean up his game a little bit. He should absolutely smoke the competition in Rockford. If he has the chip on his shoulder that we all think he does, he will use this to inspire some serious carnage. Of course, this will all be temporary, and I'm sure he knows this. Although, I am disappointed that I won't get to see the Morin/Sharp/Kane line just yet, but there is still plenty of time.

As the roster stands, it's at 24, with Campbell going to the IR for a few weeks. So, technically, they don't have to make any more cuts. I don't care what plate of bullshit you try to feed me, but Jassen Cullimore does not belong on this team. He's T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E, and a marginal AHL player. How he's snuck through these cuts is beyond me. As much as I disliked Sopel, he was a hell of a penalty killer and took more shots than Jenna Jameson.

Now that the roster has been set, I have to say that there is some serious talent playing in Rockford. It might be worth getting out and seeing an Icehogs game this year.


EDIT - The Hawks placed Ryan Potulny and Jassen Cullimore on waivers, which could send them to Rockford or give them their outright release.
Share:

Shoutcast Player

Instagram

Facebook Page

Blog Archive