Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The End Is the Beginning Is the End


If you would have told me just over 5 months ago that Chicago would be planning a Stanley Cup parade on Friday, I would have smacked you and told you to quit bullshitting me. Look where we are. At around 11am on Friday, the Blackhawks will board busses, at the United Center, and begin the trek a few miles east to Grant Park for a celebration with a few hundred thousand of their closest friends. I will be one of those people. Thank you, Chicago Blackhawks.

Some of you are aware that I started thoroughly covering the Blackhawks following the 2010 cup run, so I went through that purely as a fan, not a wise assed blogger. This was not because I wasn't a fan, because I was a huge fan, but I just didn't jot my disturbing anecdotes down for the entire intarwebz to enjoy. This time around, I was much more thoroughly entrenched in the chase and it was mildly stressful. OK, it was infinitely more stressful. I felt like my heart was going to explode more than a handful of times and I'm pretty sure I pulled a muscle, jumping around my living room when the Hawks scored the game winning goal Monday.

I'd like to take this time to thank all of you that read my stuff and those others that also cover the Blackhawks. Friday is our day too. We have given up a significant amount of our free time and dedicated it to the Chicago Blackhawks, purely for the love of the team. We do this willingly, and voluntarily because we love hockey and we love the Blackhawks. Take some time to bookmark some of my fellow bloggers/writers that probably do the job more eloquently. These are people I highly respect, even if I don't always agree with their views. They deserve your attention.

The Committed Indian and Fifth Feather
HockeeNight
The Third Man In
Cheer The Anthem
Dry Island Castaways
James Neveau at Madhouse Enforcer
Second City Hockey

Thanks to the Blackhawks and some shenanigans they pulled Monday night, there won't be much of a break from hockey this summer before action starts up again. The Draft is this weekend in New Jersey, and free agency right around the bend. Take this time to enjoy what little summer we will all have, and gear up for a FULL 2013-14 season and Blackhawks title defense. Have fun Friday, and please be safe! Until then, lets dance...


Share:

Shoutcast Player

Instagram

Facebook Page

Blog Archive