Thursday, June 16, 2016

Happy Birthday Puckin Hostile


I just wanted to put a formal post up to recognize a milestone in the history of Puckin Hostile. Today, 6/16/16, is six years since I decided to register the domain and create this stupid little website of my thoughts. Years of laughs, tears and, many times, frustration have been well worth it. I'm extremely proud of what I have started and then what Pat, Derek and Bryan have added to it. They have allowed me to focus on other parts of the Hostile franchise, while adding countless ideas and material. I simply could not keep this place running without the help.

In addition to the site itself and its over 800 posts, this has allowed me to somewhat follow a small dream of mine. The Shoutcast. I was always an enormous talk radio fan, going back to High School. It's an easy way to digest new things, and use humor to lighten the every day bullshit. I loved Jonathan Brandmeier, Kevin Matthews, Steve Dahl, Boers and McNeil back in the day, and of course, The King of All Media, Howard Stern. I always envied people who got to work in this profession, like Jay Zawaski. I understand it is not as glamorous as a lot of people think it is, but it was always an interest of mine. Teaming up with Pat two years ago helped me get this ball rolling, and it has snowballed into a pretty fun and successful project.

Thank you to all who have helped, supported and rode this Hostile bus, along the way. People have hopped on and hopped off, as will always happen, but you have all helped to push me to keep this old jalopy running.
Share:

Shoutcast Player

Instagram

Facebook Page

Blog Archive